- In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and disclose it, and what controls you have over our use of it. We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- You have the option of dealing with COLOUR PRINTERS anonymously. However, this only applies where it is practicable for COLOUR PRINTERS to deal with you acting anonymously or under a pseudonym, such as a general enquiry.
Collection of Information
- Some information provided to us by customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered to be personal information. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that COLOUR PRINTERS collects are set out below.
Information that you provide to us
- We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you send us an email via our enquiries form. This may include:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles;
- more detailed contact preferences; and
- information regarding your experiences with our products and services.
Information that we collect from third parties
- In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from legitimate third-party sources including social media sites and list broker and other data providers that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or they have your permission to do so. This may include:
- When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or Application using a social media platform such as Facebook;
- When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf; and
- When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us, such as when we access purchasing information through our business partners or are provided data by a list broker
How COLOUR PRINTERS collects, uses and discloses personal information
Active information collection
- In particular, COLOUR PRINTERS will collect your personal information from you in the following situations:
- If you contact COLOUR PRINTERS via our Enquiries Form;
- If you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities.
- When you submit your e-mail address via a Website or Application or provide us with personal information via any medium, including a Website or Application;
- When you interact with a Website or Application for a specific purpose; and
- When you use or browse a Website or Application generally.
Cookies and Passive Information Collection
- As you navigate through our Websites and access our Applications, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website or Application are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website or Application is accessed via links in an email or another electronic message we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website or Application, such as when you are logged into an account.
- We may combine your anonymous or personal visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with other personal information collected from you from time to time via our Collection Channels, in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website or Application via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website or Application where you have identified yourself, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Platform and Browser Permissions
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We collect such personal information so that we can provide you with a great service and to be able to deliver our products and services to you. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- To facilitate the delivery of our services to you;
- To provide you with estimates and quotes for services;
- For testing purposes;
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites or Applications;
- To provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone, email, SMS or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other market research and development (including to record statistical data for marketing analysis);
- To combine with other personal information we hold about you and to assess which of our products and services are most likely to be of interest to you;
- To provide you with relevant advertising materials when you browse our Websites or third party websites;
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services; and
- To share with your social media communities, to the extent allowed by you
- We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose including but not limited to:
- The generation of sale and marketing data;
- The development of promotional and marketing material; or
- The assessment and further development of COLOUR PRINTERS products and services; and
in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
- For the purposes described above, Personal Information may be shared with our, promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas including the United States of America, Singapore, Philippines and Japan.
- Failure to provide personal information may result in COLOUR PRINTERS being unable to provide you with the products or services requested by you, provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a product or service, Personal Information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, writing content, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites.
- We may use or disclose Personal Information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way (e.g. major delivery companies, mail houses and third-party fulfilment contractors). This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
- In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose Personal Information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- COLOUR PRINTERS and our promotional partners or trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of Personal Information as stated above.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to your purchase of products and serveries and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third-party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies. COLOUR PRINTERS is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Website.
Security and storage
- We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely.
- Only authorised members of COLOUR PRINTERS, our Virtual Assistant, and authorised sub-contractors in Marketing, and IT have access to our customers’ Personal Information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ Personal Information, COLOUR PRINTERS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to and from its organisation but makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- COLOUR PRINTERS retains the information you provide to us to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Access to and correction of personal information
- COLOUR PRINTERS is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers and website users.
- You may request access to Personal Information about you held by COLOUR PRINTERS. Requests for access to your Personal Information should be emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- COLOUR PRINTERS will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request.
- We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within a reasonable period of time then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Transfer of information overseas
- COLOUR PRINTERS also informs you that your information may be stored overseas including the United States of America, Singapore, Philippines and Japan. COLOUR PRINTERS employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by COLOUR PRINTERS.
Sale of the Company